7 Facts about the one and only, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
- Gandhi got his start as an activist in South Africa, not India
- Gandhi was a man of peace but never won the Nobel Peace Prize.
- He was thinking of dissolving the Congress a day before he died
- Gandhiji had a set of false teeth, which he carried in a fold of his loincloth
- Great Britain, the country against whom he fought for independence, released a stamp honoring him, 21 years after his death.
- Most relics of Gandhiji including the clothes he wore when he was shot are still preserved in Gandhi Museum, Madurai
- There are 53 major roads (excluding the smaller ones) in India and 48 roads outside India that are named after him