There are many types of hosting. One type of hosting may be useful for a website and of no use for another.
Therefore, the ‘best’ hosting would be the one which suits your website.
Below are the types of hosting available out there:
- Shared hosting: It means that your website is hosted on a server shared by other websites.
One of the biggest advantages of shared hosting is to minimize cost. This is because the cost is shared amongst other websites.
This type of hosting is highly suggested for budding startups since it minimizes the initial cost of investment. Plus new websites don’t have a lot of traffic, so there are very slight chances of the server crashing.
- Reseller web hosting: It is a form of shared hosting wherein the account owner has the ability to use his or her allotted hard drive space and bandwidth to host websites on behalf of third parties. The reseller may rent a dedicated server from a hosting company, or reseller shared hosting services.
Reseller packages come with greater technical control, free website templates and technical support from the hosting company for your clients’ support issues.
- Cloud-based hosting: Hundreds of individual servers work together to make it look like one big server. This is how cloud hosting is done. As the need grows, hosting company can simply add more hardware.
Its an advantage is that it can accommodate the surge of traffic instead of shutting the website down.
Many providers offer plans like – ‘Pay what you use’, so choose wisely.
- Visual Private Server: Popularly known as VPS, Virtual Private Server share on the physical server but act like multiple separate servers. VPS are stepping stones between shared hosting and getting own dedicated machine. It shares hardware resources.
Talk about advantages? It avoids the problem of having the hosting neighbors bring down the website while avoiding the cost of a dedicated server.
- Dedicated web server: It means you are renting one physical server from a hosting company. It’s the biggest advantage is – You can have full control if you want.
Source: Quora Answer