Facts about Lord Ganesha and Ganesh Chaturthi
- Revolutionary freedom fighter Lokmanya Tilak urged the masses to come together and celebrate this festival. His motive behind was to inculcate the feeling of patriotism among the people since British discouraged social gatherings.
- Modak, the prasad of this festival is especially prepared since it’s believed to be Lord Ganesha’s favourite.
- Lord Ganesha is also referred as “Vigana Harta” (the remover of obstacles), “Buddhi Pradaayaka” (the giver of wisdom and intellect) and Pashin (One who sits like a rock). In fact, there are around 108 names of Lord Ganesha, but Ganesha and Ganpati are the most common names.
- It is said that Lord Ganesha is always worshiped with his family. Other than, Ganesh Chaturthi, on which he is worshiped alone.
- Lord Ganesha is not only worshiped by Hindus but by Buddhists too