How to run your online store?
E-Commerce websites are the recent heroes of customer convenience. First things first, if you don’t have an online store, get one. Secondly, if you are planning to take your products and services to the platform we call ‘Internet’, here are the golden rules to keep in mind. If you have an online store already, no time better than the present to make these amends.
- Secure It: E-Commerce platforms involve emails, addresses, debit/credit card details, bank account details, phone numbers, etc. of masses. Therefore, security is one of the most important aspects. Make sure to equip the website with all the data protection tools and antiviruses suggested by the professionals.
- First in- First out: No matter how many orders are being processed at one time, maintain the sequence. If not done, old orders might get buried in the corners of the godown (along with the company reputation, of course).
- Data analysis: Never just put out the products and services out randomly without a background check. Data analysis is important to sort the preferences of the target audience. If not done, it will be like trying to sell umbrellas in a desert. And we all know how that ends.
- Easy handling: Make sure your E-Commerce platform is easy to handle. Get the website created in a way that the basic changes can be also be made by a person with primary knowledge of it. This way, a website can always be updated without technical hindrances.
- Automatic stock update: Don’t be the native interpreter and automate the system. Stock updates can be a crazy thing to do manage manually. So instead of counting the pieces every night, automate it. The record simply gives you a detailed record of the number of products left, sold out, low stock, etc.
- Mobile chat: This feature helps solves issues faster than anything does. Activate live chat on the website and respond to the questions at a faster pace than email. This way, you don’t need to check the email, again and again, no formal language, no formats. It is like directly being in touch with the customer without sharing the phone numbers.
- Multiple payment options: Many times the customers reach on the payment page and exit from there. One of the reasons for this is limited payment options – ‘Conversions’. Conversions are important for any business to run. The number of payment gateways is directly proportional to the chances of conversions.
Therefore, more options for payments is increased chances of sales.
- FAQs: There are always some basic questions which most of the customers are going to ask. To save yourself from answering repetitive questions, create a section of FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions).
- Tracking number: Save yourself from the endless emails asking for when will the order be delivered. Mostly all courier companies give a tracking number. Pass it on to the customer and make it easy for everyone involved.
- Social Media: Social media’s influence on the audience is quite convincing. Hence, it is the right platform to run the ads and post all the offers. With the features like insight recording, scheduling, etc., it is easy to analyze and manage.
- Responsive: The website should be fully responsive and multi-screen. A well responsive website will give a smooth shopping experience to the customers. If the site is adaptive to all screen sizes, more users will be able to access it, hence, increased chances of conversions.