Hosting and Cpanel
Choosing the right hosting server with cPanel control is a very important part of the ‘getting online’ process. Though it varies from application to application, one must keep some basic standards in mind to make the best possible choice.
As far as cPanel is concerned, it is very important for the website owner to have cPanel (or the control panel) access. With control panel access, the owner has authority over the backend of the website. This enables him to make changes, like, upload or delete files, change the outlook, make any kind of corrections, etc.
A user needs to consider the points below before going ahead with a hosting provider.
- Data requirement: With any website, you need to roughly calculate the space required. More images, more text, more videos is directly proportional to more space. Therefore, make sure that the provider is capable of providing you with the required space and not over-provision or under the provision.
- Disaster management: Worst case scenario, website crashes. What happens after that? Whatever may happen, you don’t want to lose your data! Therefore, make sure that the hosting provider has an excellent backup service. If given an option, choose the plan which backups on a daily basis. This increases peace of mind.
- Secure server: The server should have layers of security on it. Firewall and antivirus protection are the two major measures which are taken to secure the server. This helps to reduce the chances of hacking and any kind of security breach which can result in major disasters and losses.
- cPanel access: It is very important for the website owner to have cPanel (or the control panel) access. With control panel access, the owner has authority over the backend of the website. This enables him to make changes, like, upload or delete files, change the outlook, make any kind of corrections, etc.
- Top notch technology: The provider should be equipped with high-end technology so that there are least hindrances in the hosting process. Linux technology is one of the best when it comes to hosting as it is cost effective and very efficient.
- Uptime: One of the most common problems with hosting is – Server uptime. If the server doesn’t have at least 99.9% uptime, it’s gonna cause problems with your website. It is simple – if the server goes down, the site stops responding and the bounce rate(people existing the website) increases. In addition to that, it leads to dissatisfied customers, harm to brand reputation, lower search engine ranking, and so on.
Hence, all the effort gone down the drain.
Therefore, question your provider about their uptime & downtime and if possible, test it!
April 18, 2019
April 18, 2019
April 1, 2019