Benefits of cPanel
Control panel is an essential tool when comes to the management of hosting service. It simplifies the complex functions involved in advanced tasks.
Cpanel’s characteristics which work in favour of the user are as follows:
- Easy installation: One of the biggest hassle user faces is at the time of installation. When it comes to Cpanel, the installation is not that big of a problem. Cpanel comes free with your hosting plan when you purchase hosting with domainandserver.com. You can install all your favourite applications like WordPress, Joomla, Woocommerce and many more applications which can get you started in a few clicks of a button
- Access to numerous features: Rich in features, Cpanel provides accessibility to plentiful features. This in result helps in increasing its functionality.
These features help in managing their hosting accounts and websites altogether.
The email management function is another popular feature in Cpanel.
Security being one of the most important factors, anti-virus or anti-fraud feature is usually included.
- Compatibility: If the software gets stuck every now and then because of compatibility, it is not a good deal. Cpanel is compatible across all the widely used browser- Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer.
It can support third party software which allows building dynamic websites. This way, the user gets to experiment with new ideas instead of being stuck on the same old ones.
- Portability: With Cpanel, the website can be transferred from one host to another without any complications. Just a few clicks and you can change your service provider whenever you feel like.
- Reliability: Cpanel easily detects if there are any failed services. And once it does, it logs and restarts the service for hassle-free performance.
- Stats and logs: The stats about the usage of the website and user behaviour is recorded in a form of statistics. This gives a fair idea about the kind of response website is getting. This makes it easy to list out where it is lacking and what are the strengths.
A user can also check the load on the server at any given time.
- No FTP required: File Transfer Protocol, popularly known as FTP is not required for uploading your files to your website when the user has Cpanel access. An Internet file manager is given in it which can be browsed from any browser through URL and files can be uploaded directly through the panel without any FTP client
Essential features of a Dedicated Server
Different server providers have different features and services. With various services, there is a basic checklist of the features which according to us are mandatory and you must include in your plan.
This will hopefully clear the air of what to look for:
- Operating system choices: When it comes to dedicated hosting, the user gets the freedom of choosing his/her own operating system. The applications used may require a different type of operating system, therefore, it’s a plus point to have the choice of operating system.
- Server configuration: Another essential requirement is setting up the server to meet your needs. If the server offers a lot but doesn’t match the requirement, it is pointless. Therefore, the server is to be configured to match up the needs. Most of the service providers give a pre-built configuration. The users should select a configuration that best matches their needs
- Hardware choices: Dedicated services are not very economical, therefore, it is suggested to deal with the providers who offer a lot of hardware options. This serves as an advantage since you get the hardware setup as per the requirement without overpaying for unnecessary services.
- Security: A secure server gives the piece of mind to the customers who can be assured that their data is safe and secure. It gives the confidence to the customers for running their business without any worries. They can focus more on their business and less on thinking about the security aspect. Imagine the kind of pressure one has if there is always a probability of someone breaching in and hacking the system. It’s like staying in a house with delicate locks. Therefore, security is a crucial factor while choosing a hosting provider.
Look for features like firewalls, encrypting, control access before settling down for a provider.
- Control panel choices: A handy control panel makes the management easier. Just a few clicks and all the main functions can be operated smoothly without getting deep into the technical matters. Therefore, the user must have the choice to curate the control panel according to their needs.
- Technical support: Even after having all the features like control panel, security, choice of operating system etc, there may be some issues which only a professional IT team can troubleshoot. Therefore, technical support should always be a call away. Good technical support means that they can troubleshoot for issues and help you get your infrastructure back on track as quickly as possible. The technical team can help your IT infrastructure to get online so that your business does not suffer. This truly defines the relationship between the provider and the client.
Take these points into careful consideration while narrowing down the options.
Needless to say, the better the functionality, the faster the website. The faster the website, the happy is the user.
A responsive website is the ‘It thing’ in the web designing world right now. The idea of a responsive website came into light when Google announced that search engine ranking will depend on it. The responsive website basically means a website which is smoothly accessible on all platforms, browsers, and screens.
Due to a variety of devices, a web designer has to be vigilant about the functionality in all screen sizes. For example, a website which works smoothly on a laptop but gets stuck on the user’s mobile phone, the person might close the window in the phone and never shop from there again.
Here is why one should always go for a responsive website :
- Multi-Screen Society: Needless to say, we have variants when it comes to screen sizes. Every device has its own functionalities and therefore, the website needs to fit in all of them. For example, a website works well in iPhone but now in Android, it might end up losing a big chunk of its market.
Therefore, it is wise to appeal across all devices & screen resolutions.
- Cost-Effective: Having different websites for both mobile and desktop audience will just double up the cost. And if the website is multi-screen responsive, it functions smoothly, saving the double cost.
- Search Engine Optimization: The responsive nature of the website is directly proportional to its ranking in the search engines. The better ranking is one of the first steps to conversions since it leads to traffic on the website.
- Management at ease: Websites handling doesn’t need to be complicated. If it is curated in a responsive way, changes can be made easily whenever required. This makes the website management very convenient and one doesn’t need to be tech savvy for it.
- User experience: The faster the website works, the happier the user will be. A smooth experience will give a positive perception of the brand and business.
Gear up for getting your responsive websites online now!
What is Web hosting?
In simple words, web hosting is the activity of providing storage space and access to websites. It basically is a service which enables an organization, body of persons, associations, and/or an individual to post website(s) onto the internet.
How does it work?
A web host, known as the web hosting service provider provides the technology and the services needed for the website or the webpage to be viewed on the internet by the users.
There are special computers which STORE or HOST the website. These are called servers.
When any user around the world types a URL into their browser, their computer connects them to the server where your website is hosted and delivers the webpage to them through their browser.
What to expect from your hosting provider?
Business Email accounts: With the website rights, you may get email accounts names after your website. For example, your website is www.contactgrow.com. You can create as many emails (given the package you have chosen), like [email protected], [email protected] etc. This will create a trustworthy and professional brand identity in the minds of the users, making it easier for them to reach out to you apart from showing the ownership of your website.
File Transfer Protocol (FTP): Ever uploaded pictures, documents, any kind of data from your computer to a website? Did you know that FTP gives you the access to do that? If you build your website using your own HTML files, you can transfer the files from your computer to the web server through FTP, allowing your website to be accessed through the internet.
WordPress Support: WordPress is an online website creation tool. It is a blogging and website content management system, which is a convenient way to create and manage the website. WordPress powers a major chunk of websites on the internet. Most hosting providers will tell you right away if their plans are WordPress-compatible or not.
Wordpress support is an additional cost. may vary from provider to provider. It may also depend on the platform used for building the website.
SSL Certificate: SSL certificate is the gap between a trusted website and a random website. A hosting provider should make sure that the network security provided is secure for real. It’s like the middlemen striking the deal and taking guarantee of both the parties.
cPanel Details: cPanel is a web-based hosting control panel provided by hosting providers to website owners allowing them to manage their websites from a web-based interface.
This program gives users a graphical interface from which they can control their portion of the Unix server. The tools provided are designed to simplify running and controlling a website. It uses a tiered structure that allows different levels of access.
Administrators and end users can control the different aspects of the server and the website directly through their browser.
Most Web hosting companies offer Domain registration service as well!
It is suggested that both hosting and domain registration is done from same service provider since you might end up getting great deals on the combination and in case there are any problems with either domain renewal or hosting, the service provider can look into it and solve the problem quickly. Visit www.domainandserver.com for all your domain and server solutions.